Thursday, July 10, 2008

48 Years Later

I had a memory of visiting my grandfather's grave from when my family visited this area in 1960. I was pretty sure it was in or near Minneapolis, but had no idea what cemetery we had visited. But thanks to the genealogical resources on the Internet I was finally able to resolve that question. I had found a website for a genealogical group associated with an old cemetery in Minneapolis and had sent them a query if my grandfather was perhaps buried in that cemetery. The person that responded to my query went to the trouble of finding an obituary for his death in 1930 and pointed me to another cemetery. With the cemetery name, I found a website for that cemetery and sent them a query about my grandfather. They responded that he was indeed buried there and gave me the burial location. So when we stopped for a few days in the Minneapolis area, we visited the cemetery and found his grave again after my previous visit 48 years earlier.

No comments: